Jamztoma's Blog License

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Book Review #33: THE LAST VALENTINE (THE LABYRINTH OF LOVE LETTERS) by FELIX ALEXANDER

TITLE: THE LAST VALENTINE (THE LABYRINTH OF LOVE LETTERS)
Author: FELIX ALEXANDER
Publisher: FOREVERPOETIC
Publication Date: 13 FEBRUARY 2017
Genres: HISPANIC/ ROMANCE/ MYSTERY
Available from AMAZON or BARNES AND NOBLE

Exciting, Page-turning Masterpiece that’s My Top Favorite Read This Year So Far!

            Oh.  My.  Goodness.  This book is a masterpiece in all its glory!  I just finished it last night and boy do I feel good about it.  It starts off with a bang right from the beginning up to the end.  Felix Alexander is a mastermind I tell you!  The plot is a first of its kind if I can remember and if I was to compare his caliber to another author dead or alive, it would have to be the late bestselling author Sidney Sheldon.  Oh my!  You’ll have to read this one for yourself to discover his talent and the brilliant way he told it.  It is in prose form and that made it all the more easy to love and hard to put down.

            A love letter found with the body of a murdered man was how this mystery started.  It falls into the hands of a lovely teenage girl who enlists the help of her guy friend (not boyfriend, also a teenager) to find out its writer and why there is a bloodstain on it and why it was in her father’s possession in the first place.  (Her father is an important man in her city’s police department, he was the one who initially stole it from its place in the police headquarters of the Puerto Rican city this book takes place in).  Soon the lovely teenage girl and her guy friend come to discover that there is a fascinating place called the Labyrinth of Love Letters where love letters written by those who are in love with their intended readers but cannot have them are placed in there for these intended readers to find.  It also served as a place for these forbidden lovers to meet and express their loves for each other.  Anyway, the two teenagers soon become entangled in a series of dangerous events that all lead up to the most exciting climax I’ve ever read in a long time.

            I recommend this book for fans of Sidney Sheldon and Tilly Bagshawe.  I really enjoyed the time I spent reading it and the way the story builds up to reach its climax towards the end of this book.  It’s a great fictional story that summons up memories of the aforementioned authors’ books and would definitely make a great Lifetime channel movie in the future.  I tell you, with this book, I am happy to know that there are hidden gems out there in the book world because this author I haven’t heard about except when his book here was assigned to me to read and review.  Wonderful writing skills, superb editing skills and amazing plot.  I simply give this one an enthusiastic five stars for excellence!

No comments:

Post a Comment